CrossFit is a strength and conditioning program used worldwide. It is a regimen of constantly varied, functional movements performed at high intensity in a communal environment, leading towards health and fitness. The beauty about CrossFit is that it is designed for all fitness levels. Everyone uses the same workouts, differing the intensity and training load, making it perfect for variety. CrossFit is one of the most efficient, safe and effective training styles to achieve both your physical and mental goals.
CrossFit essentially works through three main areas of training:
- Gymnastics and
- Olympic Weightlifting.
CrossFit Program Structure will be as follow:
- Need to get to class at least 20 mins before the schedules start time, to write the workout on the board.
- The programming for the week is usually done by one trainer, and then they post it on the Body Revival Trainers Page on the Sunday night.
- Encourage CrossFit athletes to arrive early to class to give them the time to stretch, foam roll, start warming up. If another group fitness class is running, the Crossfitters must make sure they are not getting in the way of the operational class.
- Be very informative with teaching our members the correct technique of exercises. Do not encourage members to lift heavier which might then compromise their technique.
We want to encourage the importance of lifting correctly, rather than trying to lift heavy.
- Encourage athletes to log their weights during/after the session and log their times.
- Once the session is completed get all members to write their times on the white board.
- Take pictures during the session and upload it on our social media pages, e.g. Facebook and Instagram.
- All other processes are the same as our boot camp classes, so please read the Boot Camp session of this induction manual.
Example of CrossFit Workout Program
Example 1: Conditioning
50 double unders
50 bodyweight squats
40 double unders
40 bodyweight squats
30 double unders
30 bodyweight squats
20 double unders
20 bodyweight squats
Example 2: Weight
The CrossFit Total is the sum of the best of three attempts at the squat, the press, and the deadlift.
1. Back Squat (about 20 mins)
2. Strict Press (about 10-15 mins)
3. Deadlift (about 20 mins)
Add these three best lifts together for your CrossFit Total.